Job Opportunities at South Bend Woodworks
South Bend Woodworks is an American company started in South Bend, Indiana. Since day one, we have prided ourselves on designing and building wooden treasures. At South Bend Woodworks, it is about each member of the team bringing skills and passion to crafting the highest quality of products to be used today and for generations to come. We produce a variety of fine, handcrafted collegiate memorabilia, children's toys, furniture, and gift items in South Bend, Indiana. We focus on heirloom-quality products, made for this generation and the next. We produce a line of licensed products using the registered trademarks of Notre Dame and nine other colleges and universities. Full and part-time positions are available.
Woodwork and Assembly
South Bend Woodworks LLC seeks persons with experience in cabinet making or finished wood product manufacture and assembly for manufacturer of wooden children’s furniture and toys; P/T with F/T possible.
- Set up and operate a variety of woodworking machines and use various hand tools (such as power saws, joiners, molders, drill presses, and shapers) to fabricate high-grade wooden furniture and toy products
- Study blueprints or drawings of articles to be constructed and plan sequence of cutting or shaping operations to be performed
- Mark outlines or dimensions of parts on paper or lumber stock, according to blueprint or drawing specifications
- Match materials for color, grain, or texture
- Trim component parts of joints to ensure snug fit, using hand tools, such as planes, chisels, or wood files
- Bore holes for insertion of screws or dowels by hand or using boring machine
- Glue, fit, and clamp parts and subassemblies together to form complete unit, using clamps or clamping machine
- Drive nails or other fasteners into joints at designated places to reinforce joints
- Sand and scrape surfaces and joints of articles to prepare articles for finishing
- May dip, spray, or brush assembled articles with protective or decorative materials, such as stain, varnish, or paint
- May install hardware, such as hinges and catches
- Strong concentration and close attention to detail
- Demonstrated proficiency with handheld spray equipment
- Good practical skills
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions
- Safety-conscious approach to work
- Ability to work on your own initiative and as part of a team
- Good hand-eye coordination
Provide a resume with relevant experience and compensation expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org or at the shop at 707 S. Scott St., South Bend, Indiana 46601. South Bend Woodworks is an equal opportunity employer, hiring without regard to race, creed, color, gender, sexual orientation or national origin. We give preference to Veterans.